In 2013, The Duke Endowment introduced a new pre-application for most areas of work. The Congregational Outreach pre-application questions are:
Projects Not Eligible for Funding
- Church vans or buses
- Church playgrounds
- Church-based child care/pre-school programs
- Homework help programs
- Audio-visual equipment for church facilities
- Routine maintenance of church facilities, including but not limited to:
- stained-glass window repair, replacement, or protection
- heating, air, or HVAC units
- building repairs
- painting or other cosmetic facility upgrades
Question 1: Mission and Vision
What is the mission and/or vision statement of your church? How was this statement formed?
Question 2: Project Focus
In which area of service do you propose to engage your community?
- Tutoring & Literacy
- Food & Hunger
Question 3: Theory of Change
Why does your community need the intervention you propose?
Question 4: Congregational Strengths
Why do you believe that your congregation is the group to implement the proposed intervention?
Question 5: Project Description
Summarize the proposed program.
Question 6: Evaluation
How will you assess effectiveness?