We are pleased to share our conference facilities with you and want to provide the best services possible. To help ensure your meeting goes smoothly, please:
- Review the section below, paying particular attention to the room in which your meeting will be held.
- Please refer to the Guidelines for Conference Center and Meeting Spaces, Policies & Procedures for Meeting Planners, and Policies & Procedures for Caterers.
- Complete the Guest Meeting Worksheet, Conditions of Use and return to Paula Greene, CMP.
- You will receive a call within three days to schedule an appointment.
- Tour the facilities and confirm details.
- Download print-friendly directions and parking information.
Use of the Conference Facilities
Primary users include Endowment staff, grantees currently receiving funds from the Endowment, and other philanthropic organizations invited by the Endowment. The facilities are also available, through an approval process, for eligible grantees in North Carolina and South Carolina that are aligned with the Endowment’s key areas: child care, health care, higher education and rural churches.
Room Details and A/V Capabilities
The Endowment's first floor features three meeting rooms and a conference center that may be sectioned into three separate rooms. There is also an outdoor courtyard for guests to take a break or enjoy lunch.
Follow these links for room-specific layout diagrams and audiovisual capabilities:
- Mary Duke Biddle Trent Semans Conference Center (Maximum Capacity: 144)
- Washington Duke Room (Maximum Capacity: 18)
- Heritage Room (Maximum Capacity: 10)
- Benjamin N. Duke Room (Maximum Capacity: 8)
If an event requires technology that is not available in-house, the host will be responsible for making arrangements with The Duke Endowment’s preferred vendor and for covering the costs for equipment, set-up and labor.
Food and Beverage
The Endowment does not offer catering services. Our Approved Caterers List includes many options, from full-service catering to boxed meals. Full-service caterers will also be able to help you rent linens, china, glassware and flatware from our approved list. Alcoholic beverages may only be served at evening events and must be in compliance with our policies and guidelines.
Hours for Events
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Events outside this timeframe require special approval. Fees associated with after-hour events include security and off-duty law enforcement officers.
Directions and Parking
A map, directions and parking information may be found on our website (or download a pdf). Two levels of underground parking are available off Oriole Street from East Morehead Street (for GPS directions use 1020 Oriole Street). To facilitate traffic flow, groups of 30 or larger are required to use an approved valet service.
Use of the Endowment's Conference Facilities is free. Complimentary guest services include:
- Secure onsite parking
- State-of-the-art A/V technology
- Small business center with telephone
- Computer and printer
- Coat/luggage room
Depending on the size and needs of an event, guests may have to pay for off-duty law enforcement officers, third-party A/V providers, valet parking and room set-up.
The Endowment's Conference Facilities meet ADA requirements and are fully wheelchair accessible.