In 2013, The Duke Endowment introduced a new pre-application for most areas of work. The Rural Church Development pre-application questions are:
Projects Not Eligible for Funding
- Church vans or buses
- Church playgrounds
- Church-based child care/pre-school programs
- Homework help programs
- Audio-visual equipment for church facilities
- Routine maintenance of church facilities, including but not limited to:
- stained-glass window repair, replacement, or protection
- heating, air, or HVAC units
- building repairs
- painting or other cosmetic facility upgrades
Question 1: Mission and Vision
What is the mission and/or vision statement of your church? How was this statement formed?
Question 2: Project Focus
What issue do you wish to address?
Question 3: Theory of Change
What are the needs of the community? What evidence leads you to this conclusion?
Question 4: Scalability
How can your current facilities and/or programs be used or adapted to meet community needs?
Question 5: Project Description
Summarize your proposed project. Describe how the project will help meet community needs.
Question 6: Community Impact
What impact do you expect your project to have on the community?